Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little retail therapy...

So, I have had a little retail therapy for a little nervous energy! It has all been in good fun for Miss Maggie's nursery (no we have not made the final decision on a name yet but that is what we have been calling her). In the past few weeks I have been cleaning out the guest room (which will be Maggie's room) and have made good progress. There is very little left in there that is not going to stay which is great since that room seemed to be a catch all before. Once the room was clean I decided it was time to think about decorating! And so it all got a jump start when I found a cottontail fabric that I just love and has continued from there. I had wanted to do the cottontail fabric for the all the bedding but decided that it was too expensive. So one day this week I found a solid pink bumper, bed skirt, sheet and coverlet at a really good price so I bought it thinking I could use the cottontail fabric as a accent fabric in the room. Then yesterday at lunch I decided to stop in a fabric store around the corner from work to see what they had. Well, they had the cottontail fabric but in a different color way. I went ahead a bought a few yards thinking it would work especially for the price. Well, I got it home and compared it to the other and I am now regretting not waiting. The fabric I bought is a lot more cream and has brighter colors which may end up working okay.

Thanks to Lyndy and Christian I am already pretty well stocked on most things. Lyndy is giving us Emma's baby bed, changing table, bassinet, swing, highchair, car seat, pack-n-play, lots of clothes, bottles, blankets and monitors! Christian has given us at least 3 years worth of clothes! We are so thankful for everything.

Here are the some pictures...

So this is the fabric that I originally fell in love with.











This is the fabric that I have purchased.















The bedding
















Baby Book...I found this book and just fell in love it with it. You would think finding a baby book would be easy but it is not. I guess because so many people scrapbook that that is what most people use but I am too messy for scrapbooks!




2 comments:

  1. Maybe if you accent with yellow, then that might tie the bedding in with the pink? I love that baby book too! So pretty--all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it! You are going to have so much fun decorating her nursery, and if you're anything like me you will feel like you are going to just DIE waiting to have a sweet little girl to put in that room! You are getting closer...I'm so glad everything is going well. Norah said to tell you, "Hi Aunt Jayma! Come see me again soon!" We love you!

    ReplyDelete